RIO TINTO IRON ORE CASE STUDY 2
MAJOR WATER Infrastructure
UON were tasked by Rio Tinto to design, supply, install and commission bore pumps, generators, telemetry and associated equipment.
Pieces of equipment
Hours worked LTI-free
UON successfully delivered and commissioned 7 in-pit dewatering packages, turkey’s nest, sedimentation basins, pumping station, HDPE pipeline connections and additional dewatering resources to sustain operations at its open iron ore pit.
- 11 x 300kvA GMC Generator on Trailer
- 4 x 200kvA UON GMC Generator on Trailer
- 6 x 250kvA UON GMC Generator on Trailer
- 3 x 150kvA UON GMC Generator on Trailer
- 18 x 4000L UON Fuel Tanks
- 16 x 92 to132kW Downhole Bore Pump Packages
- 6km of HDPE
- Steel Manifold Pipework and Valves
- Hydro Testing, Installation & Commissioning
- Delivered On-Time and In-Budget
Supply and Installation of Power Station for Underground Mining
The FMG magnetite iron-ore mine was a new trial mine.
The key success of the rapid-deployment 6 MW / 11 kV power station was the modularization and flexibility of all equipment provided as part of UON’s complete solution
UON were tasked with delivering a dewatering solution for an old mine being reactivated, via an existing ventilation shaft.
UON was contracted to design, manufacture and install a pontoon system to dewater over 7 Billion litres from an old open pit mine.
The key success of the Rapid-Deployment 30MW Power Station was UON’s time management and orchestrated scheduling of people and plant.
GET A PROMPT RESPONSE
"*" indicates required fields