INCLUSION & DIVERSITY
OPPORTUNITIES FOR ALL
UON is committed to providing a diverse and inclusive workplace that is welcoming to all people.
This leads to a more engaged, innovative and productive environment where people are recognised, included, and provided with equal opportunities to grow and prosper.
From apprentices and trade assistants to operators, welders, engineers and administrators, UON is proud of the different cultural and linguistic backgrounds, as well as age, experience, gender and personal backgrounds that come together to form the UON Family.
UON’s Equal Opportunity, Diversity and Inclusion Policy applies to all employees and particularly focuses on:
• Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples
• People with disabilities
• Mature age
• Gender equality
• People who identify as being Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, Transgender, Intersex (LGBTI)
• People from a Culturally and Linguistically Diverse (CALD) background.
Supported by procedures, it helps employees to:
• create sustainable and flexible careers, free from barriers
• maintain open and transparent communication channels
• make the best use of the diverse talents of our people
• recognise and increase awareness of the value of diversity and inclusion
• equip leaders to drive and exemplify diverse and inclusive practices
• ensure all employees feel safe, included, valued and respected
• genuinely understand and accommodate the diversity of our stakeholders and reflect this.
There is no place at UON for any form of discrimination, nor in the broader community.
The company is committed to providing a workplace that is free from discrimination, be it direct or indirect in nature.