UON Pty Ltd (ABN 44 099 963 354) trading as UON (referred to here as “UON”, “we”, “our”, “us”) values your privacy and the security of your personal data. Our goal is to outline to you, as simply as possible, how and why we gather, store, share and use your personal data. We also want to explain the controls and choices you have around when and how you choose to share your personal data. This Privacy Collection Statement (Statement) will go into detail and explain this further.
This Statement applies to the collection of personal information by UON in its integrated energy and water business from UON’s customers who contact a UON Representative, or who provide information to UON through the www.uon.com.au website.
We may, from time to time, in our absolute discretion, update this Statement, the most recent version will always be available on our website.
- AUSTRALIAN PRIVACY PRINCIPLES
UON is bound by the Australian Privacy Principles (APPs) set out in the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth), as amended from time to time, (Act). The purpose of the APPs is to govern standards, rights and obligations regarding personal information.
The Act defines personal information as meaning information or an opinion about an identified individual, or an individual who is reasonably identifiable:
- whether the information or opinion is true or not; and
- whether the information or opinion is recorded in a material form or not.
If you would like further information on the APPs, they can be found at this link: https://www.oaic.gov.au/privacy/australian-privacy-principles.
- WHAT DATA WE COLLECT FROM YOU
When you enquire about our services, or when you become a client of UON, a record is made which includes your personal information. The type of personal information that we will collect will depend on the circumstances of collection and the kind of service that you request from us.
We have set out, below, the categories of personal data that will be collected:
- User Data: this is personal data that is provided by you or collected by us to enable you to accept and receive UON services. This is also personal data provided by you or collected by us that enables us to use your services. This may include your full name, email address, phone number, birth date, business and/or residential address and country;
- Usage Data: this is the personal data collected through your use of UON’s services or UON’s use of your services. This may include your full name, email address, phone number, birth date, business and/or residential address and country;
- Purchase and Payment Data: this is the personal data collected when you make a purchase from UON and which will enable us to provide you with an overall better service. This is also personal data collected when we make a purchase from you for your services or goods. The exact personal data collected will vary depending on product or service as well as the payment method but may include information such as:
- name, address, post code, email address;
- credit or debit card type, expiration date, and certain digits of your card number;
- details of your purchase and payment history;
- mobile phone number; and
- Sensitive Information: we may need to collect sensitive personal information about you. We will only ever do this when you have provided consent or in accordance with any applicable laws and regulations. Sensitive information is defined in the Act as including information or an opinion about an individual’s personal information relating to their racial or ethnic origin, health information, religious beliefs, membership of a trade union, sexual orientation, criminal record, genetic information and political opinions.
- HOW WE COLLECT YOUR DATA
We collect your personal information from a number of sources, including:
- directly from you, if it is reasonable and practicable to do so;
- depending on the nature of our interaction with you, we may collect personal information from third parties – for example, from people that you have engaged to assist you, such as business associates. We will also, from time to time, collect personal information from our related companies or regulators that contact us; and
- WHY WE COLLECT YOUR DATA
We collect your personal information so we can perform our business functions and activities, including:
- providing you with products and services; communicating with you and administering your account;
- answering your enquiries, providing information or advice about our products or services, and inviting you to participate in any of our competitions and promotions;
- sending you marketing and direct marketing communications about our products and services (whether by phone, email, SMS, or post) that we believe may be of benefit to you or that you may be interested in (even if you are no longer purchasing goods or services from us) unless you inform us that you do not wish to receive such direct marketing communications;
- updating our records and the content of our websites; and
- for our business processing, administration, market research, marketing and planning
If you do not disclose the personal information that we are seeking to collect then we may be unable to respond to you, or provide you with our products or services, or send you information about them.
- SHARING YOUR PERSONAL DATA
We may disclose your personal information, in accordance with this Statement, to our related bodies corporate; contractors or service providers for the purposes of operating our business or website, responding to your requests, or providing or delivering our products and services or information about them to you; to suppliers and third parties with whom we have commercial relationships, for business, marketing and related purposes; in the case of our services customers, to your nominated advisor (if any) or other advisor assisting you, to the providers of information technology systems and databases that assist in the provision of the services; to payment providers to enable them to process your payments and for anti-fraud purposes; to prospective or actual purchasers of our businesses; and to regulatory or government agencies when we believe, in good faith, it is necessary for us to do so in order to comply with a legal obligation under applicable laws, or respond to a valid legal process, such as a search warrant, a court order or a subpoena.
- OVERSEAS DISCLOSURES
UON may subcontract processing to, or share your personal data with, third parties located in countries other than Australia as we may use providers located overseas. The APPs require us to ensure any foreign country is compliant with the APPs, unless you consent otherwise. Any submission of your personal information will constitute consent for such information to be stored, transferred, disclosed or processed outside of Australia.
- ACCESS TO PERSONAL DATA
It is your right, under the APPs, in certain circumstances, to access the personal information that we hold about you and make corrections to any inaccurate personal information. If you would like to obtain such access, please contact us using the contact details set out below.
- COMPLAINTS PROCEDURE
If you have a complaint concerning the manner in which we maintain the privacy of your personal information, please contact us using the contact details set out below. All complaints will be considered by us, and we may seek further information from you to clarify your concerns. If we agree that your complaint is well founded, we will, in consultation with you, take appropriate steps to rectify the problem. If you remain dissatisfied with the outcome, you may refer the matter to the Office of the Australian Information Commissioner; we have also provided their contact details, below.
- HOW TO CONTACT US:
Thank you for reading this Statement, if you have any questions about this Statement, or would like to make a complaint under this Statement, please use the below contact details:
UON Pty Ltd
407 Victoria Rd, Malaga, WA, 6090
|Telephone:||(08) 9248 5133|
Office of the Australian Information Commissioner Website: www.oaic.gov.au Phone: 1300 363 992
2. The Information is not comprehensive. While UON Pty Ltd (referred to here as “UON”, “we”, “our”, “us”) uses all reasonable attempts to ensure the accuracy and completeness of the information on our website, to the extent permitted by law, including the Australian Consumer Law, UON makes no warranty regarding the information on this website. You should monitor any changes to the information contained on this website.
3. To the extent permitted by law, UON, its directors, officers and employees do not accept any liability or responsibility arising in any way (including from UON’s negligence) for any investment decisions made on the basis of the Information. This website or Information contained in it does not constitute financial advice and should not be taken as such. UON urges you to obtain professional advice before proceeding with any investment or expenditure.
4. Unless otherwise indicated, UON owns or licenses from third parties all rights, title and interest (including copyright, designs, patents, trademarks and other intellectual property rights) in this website and in all of the material (including all text, graphics, logos, audio and software) made available on this website (Content).
5. Your use of this website and use of and access to any Content does not grant or transfer any rights, title or interest to you in relation to this website or the Content. However, UON grants you a licence to access the website and view the Content on the terms and conditions set out in these Terms and, where applicable, as expressly authorised by us and/or our third party licensors.
6. Any reproduction or redistribution of this website or the Content is prohibited and may result in civil and criminal penalties. In addition, you must not copy the Content to any other server, location or support, for publication, reproduction or distribution is expressly prohibited.
8. UON collects information about your use of the website using cookies and Google Analytics.
9. UON uses reasonable efforts to maintain this website and related data with safeguards to protect against loss and unauthorised access, misuse, and unlawful or improper disclosure. UON will store information entered by you in or through this website or accessed by you through this website, however you accept and acknowledge no system or data can be completely protected against all hazards or unauthorised access, and to the extent permitted by law UON is not liable for any loss occasioned by unauthorised access, misuse or unlawful or improper disclosure of your data.
10. UON does not guarantee the security of transmissions over the internet. UON shall not be responsible for your access to the internet, for any interception or interruption of any communications through the internet, or for changes to or losses of data. UON is not liable to you or anyone else if interference with or damage to your computer systems occurs in connection with the use of this website or a linked website. You must take your own precautions to ensure that whatever you select for your use from our website is free of viruses or anything else (such as worms or Trojan horses) that may interfere with or damage the operations of your computer systems.
11. You must take all necessary measures to stop the introduction or spread of any viruses or any other form of software contamination, into this website when accessing information through this website.
12. UON may, from time to time and without notice, change or add to the website (including these Terms) or the information, products or services described in it, or remove or halt access to this website or any component or function on this website (including protected content).
13. UON does not undertake to keep the website updated. UON is not liable to you or anyone else if errors occur in the information on the website or if that information is not up-to-date.
15. UON (or third parties) may provide you with access to protected or secure functions on this website upon valid user names and passwords being entered by you. You agree that UON will give access to such functions to any user who enters a valid user identification and password. You acknowledge that UON is entitled to assume that any information submitted in conjunction with a valid user name and password originates from a properly authorised person, whether or not that is the case and UON shall not be liable for relying upon such information.
16. You must keep user names and passwords secure and not share your user account. You are responsible for the security of your passwords and user names. You acknowledge that your failure to keep user names and passwords secure and confidential may result in unauthorised use of the website and unauthorised access to information and other unauthorised transactions. UON accepts no liability for any failure to keep the user names and passwords secure and confidential.